Resident VISA

Resident VISA

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens hold an automatic right to reside in Portugal. But individuals of other nationalities may obtain a Portugal residence permit under many different circumstances.

We have a deep knowledge and wide experience in this field and are in a position to fully assist clients with all their requirements in this respect.

EU, EEA and Swiss citizens

After securing accommodation in Portugal, an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen moving to Portugal has a legal obligation to register with:

The Tax Authority, which may be done at any Tax Office (Repartição de Finanças) or Citizen’s Shop (Loja do Cidadão).

The Foreigners and Borders Agency (SEF), which must be done at his/her local Town Hall (Câmara Municipal), to whom he/she will typically be required to show documentary proof of having sufficient means of subsistence.

Residence card for non-EU/EEA/Swiss dependent family members

After registration of the EU/EEA/Swiss citizen, his/her non-EU/EEA/Swiss spouse (or common law spouse of at least 3 years), dependent children and dependent parents may apply for a residence card having a validity of 5 years.

How can we assist?

We provide a one-stop shop for all your needs in connection with your relocation to Portugal, including your residence permit, tax affairs, settling-in support.